Our office took a field trip to see the Sea Ranch exhibit at the SFMOMA. This photo of a site model, made with sugar cubes and push pins, was a good reminder of how anything can everything can inspire architecture.
The homeowners at our La Donna Avenue Residence were so kind to send us this photo of the great room with the skylights in their full glory. Isn’t it lovely in this space? ✨
Continued beautiful hard work by CB Builders
At our Hyacinth Lane Residence, the passthrough / peekaboo opening between the living room and kitchen is now in place. You can see the natural light from the back patio streaming through - a sign that the passthrough will help bring natural light into the center of the house. Beautiful hard work by Starburst Construction.
We are looking for a full-time Project Designer/Architect. The ideal candidate is able to work on and manage multiple residential projects with a team.
- 4-7 years experience in an architecture or interior design firm, preferably in residential design.
- Ability to take a residential project through an entire lifecycle.
- Ability to multi-task, work collaboratively, and have exceptional attention to detail.
- Open and thoughtful communication and writing skills.
- Have a positive and creative approach to design, work, and life.
- Proficiency with CAD programs (ArchiCAD experience a plus), as well as Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Minimum Bachelor degree in Architecture; professional license preferred.
- LEED AP is a plus, but not required.
- We value passion and expertise in any discipline; we believe it enriches the design process and our office culture. Show us what you’ve got!
We offer a competitive compensation package that includes health insurance, paid time off, and retirement savings. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. This is a full time, on-site position. Employment is contingent on a candidate’s ability to legally work in the US without employer sponsorship.
Please email cover letter, resume, references, and portfolio via link or PDF format to info_at_ogawafisher.com with “Project Architect” in the subject line. We will contact you - No phone calls or walk-ins please.
Amarillo Avenue Residence Progress - Part 3: The skylight and clerestory window over the guest bath shower. I have heard some people call this window/skylight detail "The OFA Special".
All the volumes have been enclosed in plywood sheathing.
Amarillo Avenue Residence Progress - Part 1: the framed openings of the first floor have more emphasis with the solidity of the second floor on top.