Ogawa Fisher Architects is pleased to welcome Project Designer, Doug Ponciano, to our team. Doug holds a degree in Architecture from California College of the Arts in San Francisco. He most recently worked at Carmago & Associates Architects in San Jose where he focused on residential projects. Doug has been a great addition to our team and we are enjoying having him as part of our collaborative process. Welcome Doug!
Having a design meeting at our construction site, using the wood siding as a makeshift pin-up board. Design meetings happen wherever we can.
Our office took a field trip to see the Sea Ranch exhibit at the SFMOMA. This photo of a site model, made with sugar cubes and push pins, was a good reminder of how anything can everything can inspire architecture.
We are looking for a full-time Project Designer/Architect. The ideal candidate is able to work on and manage multiple residential projects with a team.
- 4-7 years experience in an architecture or interior design firm, preferably in residential design.
- Ability to take a residential project through an entire lifecycle.
- Ability to multi-task, work collaboratively, and have exceptional attention to detail.
- Open and thoughtful communication and writing skills.
- Have a positive and creative approach to design, work, and life.
- Proficiency with CAD programs (ArchiCAD experience a plus), as well as Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Minimum Bachelor degree in Architecture; professional license preferred.
- LEED AP is a plus, but not required.
- We value passion and expertise in any discipline; we believe it enriches the design process and our office culture. Show us what you’ve got!
We offer a competitive compensation package that includes health insurance, paid time off, and retirement savings. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. This is a full time, on-site position. Employment is contingent on a candidate’s ability to legally work in the US without employer sponsorship.
Please email cover letter, resume, references, and portfolio via link or PDF format to info_at_ogawafisher.com with “Project Architect” in the subject line. We will contact you - No phone calls or walk-ins please.
Calvin and Amy Yao came to photograph our team and our office space, and we couldn't be happier with their final images! Her'es a shot of our recently completed annex, across the hall from our office space. Isn't it sweet?
We will be updating our website and newsletter with more new photos, so stay tuned. Thanks again, Calvin and Amy!
We recently started a project in Redwood City that has several zoning code limitations, but our team was able to come up with a big pile of inspired ideas.
Today we worked together to build furniture for our expanded office space, to start a new chapter at OFA. Thank you, #ogawafisherarchitects team! We wouldn’t be where we are without all of you.
We’re pleased to introduce the newest member of the team, Cristian Figueroa. Cristian recently graduated from UC Berkeley with a degree in Architecture and previously worked as drafter and AutoCAD tutor. He likes to spend his free time sketching, reading and playing chess. We’re looking forward to having Cristian participate in all aspects of the design and construction of our projects. Welcome Cristian!